12826847

My ex does drugs and walked out on me when he knew I was pregnant.

My ex does drugs and walked out on me when he knew I was pregnant. He is not on my babies birth certificate. He has seen her occassionally, but she gets very upset, so I stopped his visits. I received a letter yesterday to say he has applied for visitation rights. Do I have to allow this?
No, but he can apply for contact to the court and he will succeed.
It might very well be that the Court would want supervised contact at the outset given your allegations of drug use but he will get some contact.
If you don't agree all it will mean long term is that you will lose control over the contact arrangements I'm afraid. The fact that she gets upset is not going to be considered a good reason to deny contact and it is something he will be able to use against you that you have denied contact on that basis.
I am sorry but I have to give you truthful information. The days when contact could be denied at the choosing of the mother are long gone.