LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

we have bought a property with a drive, but the bungalow a

Customer Question

we have bought a property with a drive, but the bungalow a field away have paid a £1 for the right of way to use our drive ( they paid a £1 to the previous owner who was their son)
But they are telling all there relatives and friends and anyone else work men with lorries etc to use our drive. When we bought the property our solicitor told us they only have the right of way to get to there outer buildings. Unfortunately our solicitor is no longer in practice and I did not get this in writing. can you advise
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Does the letter from their solicitor explain how they have a right of way? It may not be an easement (a right of way attached to the neighbouring land) . Is there an agreement in writing from their son to them. Before you get any sensible answer you need to know what the basis for the claimed right of way is.