75100385

Hello, I am in a process of completing Directions Questionnaire

I am in a process of completing Directions Questionnaire N181 and need to submit a draft of the order for directions. Is there any specific format it needs to be written and what information it has contain? Also under the Par.I it appears I need to pay an allocation fee, but referencing EX50A it lists an allocation fee payable as £0. Is it correct? And the final question - my claim has been issued in the Northampton (CCMCC)County Court and the Defence, Part 20 Claim and Part 20 Defence have been filed there. Then I received the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings to Kingston-upon-Thames County Court. Shall I file and serve the Directions Questionnaire and Reply to Defence there? Many thanks in advance. Helen
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know the value of the claim?
Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

The value of the claim is £88,047.07

Alex Watts :

Are you Claimant or Defendant?

Customer:

Hi Alex, I am the Claimant.

Alex Watts :

Ok - then a fee is generally payable unless you qualify for fee remission.

Alex Watts :

You dont need to worry about directions if you are in person. The court will list the matter for a directions hearing and timetable the matter for Court.

Alex Watts :

If the matter has been transferred already you should file it at Kingston County Court

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Hi Alex, while I was waiting for your reply I understood that Directions Questionnaire has changed slightly in 2014 and the new version does not contain provisions for allocation fees (I think that the cost of the allocation process has now been included in the issue fees and the cost of the listing process in the hearing fees). When it comes to proposed directions, I worry about not submitting anything as it clearly says in Directions Questionnaire "You must attempt to agree proposed directions with all other parties. Whether agreed or not a draft of the order for directions which you seek must accompany this form".

Alex Watts :

Yes the AQ document required a fee of £45, but the DQ documents do not.

Alex Watts :

If you are in person its hard to agree directions because you do not know whether they are adverse to you

Customer:

Fantastic, I am on a right track : )

Customer:

So you advise not to submit a draft at all?

Alex Watts :

I would not because you dont know what you are asking for

Customer:

Thank you Alex. You were most helpful.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

Just one more think - if the Defendant and Part 20 Defendant would contact me in order to agree with their proposed directions what would you recommend for me to do?

Alex Watts :

If its multi track and you are in person they should do. But if they are not represented they probably wont

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?