75100385

Hi I hope you are well. I had a tenant evicted by a solicitors

Customer Question

Hi I hope you are well. I had a tenant evicted by a solicitors firm after he failed to pay rent for 9 months. I have always been good to him. The tenant responded with a counter claim saying he had been harassed for over a year. He made up a lot of fabricated stories up one being I allegedly planted someone in the building to harass him. This was totally false because they were very friendly with each other at the begining then they fell out with each other. The judge said he wanted it to go to trial and set out the the order with specific deadlines. My solicitors failed to inform me of the dates before the deadline. I applied for an extension and the judge gave me a 15 min hearing to which she had the case struck out in the tenants favour. It was now been over 2 months since the hearing. We now have to go back again to the court to determine how how much I have to pay the tenant. The judge did say he had say how much he wants for loss and damage with evidence. The tenant has asked for more than £6500. £4000 for one years rent since the guy [who I allegedly planted] was apparently harassing him, and 2500 for moving to a new home cost. Questions I have are. 1. I really feel justice has not been done. I really really want a trial so I can show the tenants lied about everything. I wanted to appeal but a lot people told me I had no chance since the deadline was not met. Is it worthwhile given everything is working against me to appeal and also it is over 2 months now. 2. I am also a full time carer for my mother for the last year or so. Can i use this to suffice my late appeal 3. In the appeals form should I go into details about the fact that the tenant has lied regarding harassment or just stick to the last order which I am appealing against. 4. Briefly can you tell me how to write out the appeals form many Thanks
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?