75100385

hi I'm being sentenced for common assault, cat 1 in jan,

hi
I'm being sentenced for common assault, cat 1 in jan, which i pleaded guilty to at the first opportunity. i have previous for violence when in drink abh, gbh section 20. i know that this is already going to go against me and on paper it doesn't look great. Is there anything i can do or give to the judge on my sentencing day to help my case
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

When did you get the sentence for the others and what did you get please?

Customer:

2010 15 months for gbh, 3 months abh and an abh in 2002 community service for that.

Alex Watts :

Ok - that is fine.

Alex Watts :

I assume this is not DV related?

Customer:

That's correct, I was in drink at a wine bar.

Alex Watts :

Ok. Briefly what happened?

Alex Watts :

Who did you assault?

Customer:

Me and my girlfriend was out drinking, she started arguing with a woman who was with a group of lads, before you knew it she was rolling around with the woman and then I got involved. They was a bit of a fight between me and a one of the lads then a chair got thrown at me and I lost it. One of the barman tried to get me out and i ended up taking it out on him. All of the statement said that I was the agressor so that is why I went guilty along with my previous

Alex Watts :

What injuries did he suffer?

Customer:

Nothing to serious a bloody lip and sore nose.

Alex Watts :

Ok. The starting point is a high level Community Order and the range is a low level community order to 26 weeks.

Alex Watts :

Taking the top end even if its 26 weeks you get 1/3rd discount for pleading guilty which takes it to 17 weeks custody. As it is this it could be suspended.

Alex Watts :

However the problem is you assaulted a barman, so someone there to work

Alex Watts :

The good thing is you pleaded guilty and the injuries were minor

Alex Watts :

The difficulty is the 2 previous incidents for violence of course. This seems to indicate that you have an anger problem.

Alex Watts :

The court will want to address that. So I would think you would get a high level community order with anger management

Alex Watts :

Even if you get a suspended sentence you would get a programme requirement to attend anger management

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today plase?

Alex Watts :

* please? *

Customer:

No thank you

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?