75100385

On 5th August we received a quote for the erection of a porch

On 5th August we received a quote for the erection of a porch to our home We agreed to this quote and on 6th August paid a £500 deposit. Following several failed promised delivery dates the porch was finally erected on 30th September. It was found that the porch was smaller than agreed size and following discussions with the manager of the company we agreed to accept porch at a discounted price. We were assured that we would receive a 10 Year guarantee and would receive a receipt for all the payments made on completion of the work. Although work was completed on 30th September and final payment made by cheque on that day, we still have not received either a receipt or the promised guarantee paperwork. I have rung the company twice and written 3 letters requesting this paperwork. The final letter was sent special delivery last week. To date we have received no replies. How can we proceed with obtaining the promised receipt and guarantee?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know if any reason has been given, or have they just ignored all requests?
Customer:

They have not given me any answers. They have simply ignored all requests.

Customer:

No reasons given. Just ignored all requests.

Alex Watts : Ok you need to write to them and ask for the receipts and guarantee within 7 days or say you will go to court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : if they refuse then you can issue proceedings, you would need to complete form n1
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : Take it to your local court. You are asking the court for an order that they deliver up the items.
Alex Watts : A copy of the form will be sent to the other Side and they will be invited to enter s defence and attend the hearing.
Alex Watts : If they still refuse to deliver up the paperwork the court can order them to.
Alex Watts : If they ignore the court order they will be in contempt and can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : Any costs you incur can be recovered.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

We do not have a local court building in our town. The nearest court is in Lincoln almost 40 miles away. Can I post the form to the Court and if so where do I obtain the address to which it should be sent please?

Alex Watts :

Yes you can post it.

Alex Watts :

You can find your local one here:

Alex Watts :

https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Thank you. I will now try to find the forms and the information I need on the internet.

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

What is the cost of issuing the Court Proceedings and who do I make the cheque payable to when sending the completed n1 form?

Alex Watts :

It depends on the value. The fee to issue can be found here:

Alex Watts :

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/fees

Alex Watts :

The cheque would be payable to HMCTS

Alex Watts :

Does that help?