75100385

i had a car crash a week last Monday.Car was undriveable and

Customer Question

i had a car crash a week last Monday.Car was undriveable and was towed. I was unhurt. Reported it to my insurer last Tuesday. They sat on the claim and after some discussion agreed it last Thursday at 14:10. I have been in touch with the insurers repairers and they are unable to give me a loan car that I am enfield to or recover my car to a place to repair it. I am still waiting form my car to be recovered, the recovery company has sent a letter saying that unless my car is recovered in 21 days they will sell it. I have no car, the insurance company says its the the repair company i say it should be the insurer to resolve as their agent not working and i am entailed to a loan car whilst repairs are undertake on mine. How do i proceed?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know why wont the insurance company just talk to the garage?!
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

They say that have spoken to their nominated repairer and the suppliers to that repairer are all full and so therefore I have to wait, with no until there is space and they the insurance co

Alex Watts : Does your policy have a free car?
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

They say that have spoken to their nominated repairer and the suppliers to that repairer are all full and so therefore I have to wait, with no hire car pr until there is space and they the insurance co

JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

They say that have spoken to their nominated repairer and the suppliers to that repairer are all full and so therefore I have to wait, with no hire car or loan vehicle and no indication when I will get one. When their body shops get space then they will provide the insurance co

Alex Watts : Does your policy give you a free car!
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

They say that have spoken to their nominated repairer and the suppliers to that repairer are all full and so therefore I have to wait, with no hire car or loan vehicle and no indication when I will get one. When their body shop gets space then they will provide a car until then nothing. The company who recovered the car is threatening to sell the car as my insurer hasn't arranged to recover the vehicle.

JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

Yes I am covered for a car

JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

and been waiting over a week

Alex Watts : Ok, so in short you are simply waiting for a slot for repair and in any event entitled to another car under the policy?
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

Yes. but I am concerned that unless they recover crashed and undriveable vehicle the police recovery company will sell it in about 7 days time.

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to call the insurance and insist they recover it. Don't speak to an agent, talk to a manager.
Alex Watts : Clearly it's not your fault this is happening. You pay your insurance, it is for them to sort out with the garage,
Alex Watts : Even if the insurance have to put the vehicle In storage they, not you, should be the ones sorting this out.
Alex Watts : Dont be fobbed off. Insist on something being done
Alex Watts : if they don't then you can take the matter to court or the ombudsman
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

ok, so far they have refused to escalate this and I have insisted that they give a detailed recovery plan and send a car by tonight at 16:00hrs. If they fail what are my options?

Alex Watts : then you refuse and stay on the phone. They need to sort it and not join.
Alex Watts : you
Alex Watts : If they refuse then you write a formal complaint.
Alex Watts : You can also seek a court order against the recovery firm preventing them selling it.
Alex Watts : You can bring the insurance company in and seek the costs from them.
Alex Watts : For that you would need to complete form n1
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : And n16a
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016--eng.pdf
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

Thank you. I will do that.

Alex Watts : you are asking the court for an order they be preventing from selling or disposing of the vehcile
JACUSTOMER-nteccc11- :

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/