75100385

I have a problem with my local Doctors surgery. On 7th October

Customer Question

I have a problem with my local Doctors surgery. On 7th October 2014 whilst in France I suffered a stroke. I was hospitalised. I was discharged on 10th October 2014. Whilst I was in hospital I contacted my insurance company. They asked me to give them permission to contact my family doctor's surgery to get my medical file. This I did instantly they sent me a consent form by email. I filled in my surgery details and signed it. I sent it back instantly. On 8th October 2014 my insurance company faxed my surgery asking for my file. The surgery faxed by return asking for clarification as they believed the request was unclear/incorrect and they were unsure if it actually related to one of there patients. They did not follow up or chase the initial document as they felt it may not have been their patient. Due to their incompetence I did not return home until 24 th October 2014 and being subjected to unnecessary high levels of stress which due to my stroke was intolerable.
I have been a patient of this surgery for the past 25 years and over the last 6 years I have been a frequent visitor due to health issues.
I asked to see the practice manager to register a complaint in person on my return to the UK on 24th October. She was not available on that day but I was assured she would be told as soon as was practicable I actually saw her on 10th November 2014. I gave her my side of the story. The number of phone calls that I had made to the surgery asking them to send my file. The number of calls made to the insurance company. The inability to return to the UK until the insurance company said it was OK. The amount of stress that this situation had put me under. She said she would look into the matter and get back to me with a view to a further meeting. Today I recieved a letter which basically says they did nothing wrong. They state They only recieved the first fax which as stated above they believed to be unclear/incorrect . I have contacted my insurance company to ask if they had an audit trail regarding fax an phone calls to and from the surgery. They have. They read out the whole time line. I asked if they could send me a copy. They said they were happy to do as long as I sent them an email giving them permission due to data protection. This I did. My question is do I have a case for compensation?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What injuries have you suffered as a result and when will you get better as a result.

Alex Watts :

Please bear in mind this is only the injuries caused by the surgery.

JACUSTOMER-qg87282p- : I did not have surgery. I suffered an unnessesary amount of stress due to Ithe people working at the doctors surgery that were incompitant and are now lying about it.
Alex Watts :

So you suffered stress, over how long a period?

Alex Watts :

Have you been diagnosed with stress as a direct result of this?

JACUSTOMER-qg87282p- : I did not have any surgery. I suffered an unnessesary amount of stress due to the incompetence of the office staff who work at the surgery. They are now lying about it.
JACUSTOMER-qg87282p- : Were are you
JACUSTOMER-qg87282p- : Am I going to get an answer?
Alex Watts :

Yes I know you did not have surgery

Alex Watts :

I was referring to the surgery. Your GP