75100385

My daughter is bullied at school and on social media sites

My daughter is bullied at school and on social media sites by people she is at school with, as parents we have found it hard to resolve and this last episode was the last straw so during conversation we posted back to the bully on daughters behalf, is this wrong or illegal and what else can we do.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what you posted back exactly?

Customer:

W tried to make him think about what he was saying to our daughter by posting a non threatening post but similar to what he had sent her so he would understand that what he was doing was making her feel terrible in hope he would stop and he continued so we have been to school again today. We as parents obviously dont want the bullying to continue and in hind sight should have said nnothing but it hurts to see our daughter treated this way. The content of the texts were realted to appearance and such like but it as gone on for too long. Can you advise?

Alex Watts :

Ok - if the messages were not threatening then you do not need to worry about that.

Alex Watts :

The Police wont be concerned about what was said if it was not threatining

Alex Watts :

As for what to do, the school should be getting a grip. Bullying is a serious problem

Alex Watts :

You could always inform the Police as they could go round and speak with those involved.

Alex Watts :

Its unlikely they would prosecute given they are at school but it may be enough to frighten them

Alex Watts :

But the school should be dealing with this, if not the Police can

Alex Watts :

If she is being bullied then the Police can warn and may be able to prosecute if an offence has been committed.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Sorry try again!

Customer:

Thank you very much for your advice and support, it is greatly appreciated.

Alex Watts :

I am happy to help.

Alex Watts :

Try and rate again if you want