75100385

MY DAUGHTER HAS JUST AQUIRED A HOUSE TO RENT AND AFTER ALONG

Customer Question

MY DAUGHTER HAS JUST AQUIRED A HOUSE TO RENT AND AFTER ALONG WAIT GOT THE KEYS AND THE HOUSE IS A DISGRACE.
DAMP. RUBBISH INTHE GARDEN WINDOWS THAT DO NOT LOCK FRONT DOOR DOES NOT LOCK CARPETS NOT FITTED RIGHT. BEDS LEFT (WHICH THEY WHERE TOLD WOULD BE DISPOSED OF A SHED FULL OF RUBBISH WHICH IS IN A VERY BAD WAY.
WE ARE NOT PLEASED WITH THIS ( LANDLADY HAS GONE ABROAD FOR XMAS).
WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN RECLAIM ALL MY MONEY BACK £1,787.00 IF WQE PULL OUT
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help with this,
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether she inspected the property?
JACUSTOMER-pfu4n3n2- :

yes we did look round the property, but since we looked 2weeks ago damp has appeared. we didn't look at the window locks or the door fittings.

JACUSTOMER-pfu4n3n2- :

we were also tolled that the beds would be removed.

JACUSTOMER-pfu4n3n2- :

THE PERSON WHO SHOWED US AROUND SAID AT THE TIME THERE WAS NO DAMP.

JACUSTOMER-pfu4n3n2- :

I FEAL THAT WE HAVE BEEN MIS- LEAD

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE ESTATE AGENT HAS AGREED TO REFUND THE MONEY £1,490.00. EXCEPT THERE ADMIN FEES £297.00. WOULD I BE INTITELED TO RECOVER THIS.

Yes you would.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have received a letter telling me they will return my £1,490.00, but there admin fee of £295.oo will not. As the agent who I hold responcable for misleading us, not the land lord I wish to claim back this fee.
Is this possible to do and how do I go about this.

Please follow the steps I have outlined above, the procedure is the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much

Great. Can I ask you to rate my answer before you go - thanks.