12826847

I renewed my private medical insurance in July 2013 (a policy

I renewed my private medical insurance in July 2013 (a policy which I have held with the same insurer for ten years). I am keen to move to another insurer as it offers wider cover with lower premium that I am paying now. I pay monthly by direct debit.
My renewal papers last July state "Please note that this is an annual contract, irrespective of whether payments are made monthly, quarterly or annually".
In reality, can I walk away from this contract, or could/would the existing insurer come after me for the premiums up to next renewal (July 2015).
I am sorry but you are liable for the remaining months. The contract is quite clear. You are bound for 12 months.
Whether they will or not is another matter. They may just add a default to your credit account. You may not want that either but it might be better than having to pay.
I am sorry but that is your position. You can always offer a lesser sum in full and final payment.
Sorry if that is bad news.