75100385

My question is about pubs and the licence and what the licence

My question is about pubs and the licence and what the licence requires.
Expert:  Patience replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. The information you are seeking is included below. If you have any other on questions on this topic, I would be happy to help at no extra charge. Now please rate my response so that I can be credited for my time. Good luck on your endeavors and I am wishing you happy holidays. Best regards, ***** *****
The old 1964 Licensing Act for England & Wales has been replaced by the new Licensing Act 2003. The law states that any business that sells alcohol has to have a premises licence. The person who plans to supply alcohol in that business, or to authorise other members of staff to do so, also needs to have a personal licence.
You will need to complete an application form and send it to your local council by post along with a fee. You may be able to apply online if your council accepts electronic applications.
You can apply to the licensing authority for the area in which you live, and you need to show a clean criminal record. The licence lasts for ten years. Prior to making an application, the applicant must also pass an exam known as the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH). The APLH exam is a 40-question, multiple-choice test, and you must achieve a score 70 percent to pass it.
The following links are useful for making the application:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/alcohol-licensing-premises-licence-application
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/alcohol-licensing-personal-licences
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/alcohol-licensing-club-premises-forms
You may also be interested in a Pub Training course. See the following link for more details: http://www.admiraltaverns.co.uk/run-a-pub/training-courses.aspx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the response. My interest is about a person who holds a licence. Could you clarify whether a licence holder can drink or be under influence of alcohol during the opening hours of a pub that holds the licence for?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with.
Yes a personal can have a drink whilst holding a licence.
But whether or not he can be under the influence comes down to whether that means he is a fit a proper person to hold a licence. You need to ask the Council for a copy of their policy on such matters. If it is not in the policy then yes he can. If it is in their policy and says he can not, then this calls into question fitness.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What I meant was drinking during working hours. I.m sure acquiring a licence comes with certain condition which can effect one's licence if they were not followed. What are those conditions?

Yes you can drink during those hours as long as you are not intoxicated,
Customers buy you drinks.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes thank you. Where can i see the conditions?

You will need to ask the council for a copy of the licence.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience