12826847

Can I get a parking ticket when I display blue badge with clock

Can I get a parking ticket when I display blue badge with clock that states I'm Åland to park for 3hours but get ticket after 20 minutes

Can you explain your situation a little more please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm a disabled driver and I displayed my blue badge and clock which states on it that I'm entitled to park for a maximum of 3 hours but got ticket after 20 minutes when I appealed against it thay stated that 20 minutes is all I can park in that area but thay don't have any signs stating that
Is this private land orcouncil owned? Do the signs say that it is restricted to 20 mins for blue badges also?
Who did you appeal to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's council and there are no signs I appealed to the council but thay rejected it stating I could have looked on line to find out there restrictions on parking
Thanks,
It is difficult to understand their grounds there. Obviously I haven't had vision of this case.
Generally speaking, blue badges entitle a holder to park anywhere that does not contain specific prohibitions for up to three hours.
Signing for blue badges at the location is not normally required because obviously the prohibitions do not apply to all parkers.
The only thing that I can think is that they are saying that loading restrictions were in place at the location and so there would be a limit of 20 minutes for commercial vehicles. If you can offer more information upon the reason for their decision then I might be able to help further. Usually they do provide reasons if this was a rejection of informal or formal representations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There were no restrictions I was on a yellow line and on my badge it clearly states I am entitled to park for up to 3 hours
Were there loading restrictions in place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There were no restrictions of any cind in place when i appealed against the ticket thay rejected it on the grounds that I should have looked on line to find out there restrictions before I parked my car thay have no signs in place other parts of the country do display restrictions if thay are different from the normal
But that tends to suggest there were restrictions?
Have you checked online?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have checked it is anywhere in the bourgh the only place I know in Europe that does not do the normal for disabled drivers without displaying signs
So there are restrictions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but there are no signs stating them you can only find them if you look on line but not everyone can use a computer thay should display signs stateing what thay are
What are the restrictions please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only 20 minutes parking with blue badge but no signs saying so no other restrictions in place I can park anywhere in Europe with badge unless there is signs saying otherwise but this council say as they say on line thay don't need to put signs up
They don't need to put signs up of blue badge restrictions. The scheme is only available to a limited number of people not to the world at large.
There isn't any reason, in principle, that they could not levy restrictions upon the time a blue badge holder could park there but usually they are up to three hours or not at all.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice