LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have neighbours who deliberately leave their vehicle outside

Customer Question

I have neighbours who deliberately leave their vehicle outside my front living room when they could easily leave the vehicle outside their own house. It is obviously annoying to have to look out on to their vehicle and frustrating. This has been going on for some 2 years. When you politely ask if they would be good enough to move the vehicle one is met with a torrent of verbal abuse. Besides this I have been subjected to verbal abuse by other members of this family. I am an OAP and I find this intimidating behaviour quite threatening and my health is not too good as a result of my neighbour's comportment. Can this be considered a case of anti-social behaviour? I would think a firm word with the young woman to whom the car belongs to warn that such behaviour does entail consequences, Your expertise would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I am afraid that if the vehicle is parked legally on a public street then they are entitled to do this. It may be selfish and unpleasant but it is not illegal.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It seems the only answer to this problem is for me to buy a vehicle they give them some of their own business! This is getting really childish !