13262538

My husband has gone to jail for harassment can I take back

My husband has gone to jail for harassment. Can I take back our marital home as I am on the mortgage. I however do not have a key as he changed the locks, can I get a locksmith in to change them?
What has happened with the matrimonial home so far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he insisted on staying at the home so I moved to my mothers. We have had many talks about him staying or me moving back with the children. I am on the mortgage and have been for 10 years no formal decision had been reached with regards ***** ***** property. I spoke with the police today and they said that I was well within my rights to go back into the property as my name was on the mortgage and nobody else had a key.
Yes you are indeed entitled to return there with the children - and to get a locksmith to change the locks
I suggest that you also get an order that excludes him from the property so that he does not try and return there when he is released
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. There are some of his belonging inside what shall I do with them. Shall I box them up and send them to his parents.
He is entitled to have his belongings there as well so simply box them up for now.
If you have not done so already you should start divorce proceedings so that you can seek an Order that you can live in the property until the youngest is 18
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well