13262538

Hi, the decree nisi was issued 3 jan 2012, I am now at the

Hi, the decree nisi was issued 3 jan 2012, I am now at the final stage of my divorce. My husband wants a make an amendment to the draft consent form to seek an order for the decree nisi to be made absolute as more than 12 months have passed. My husband would not disclose all his finances and not respond to my requests that's why this has taken so long. What could I do?
Has a financial agreement now been reached?
C;are
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was agreed in June 2015, but my solicitor didn't prepare a draft of the consent form or statement of information until 21 November and jeapodised the sale of the matrimonial home.
My solicitor sent "I must point out that if you complete your sale and divide the sale proceeds with Peter without a consent order being sealed by the court then you are exposed to Peter not keeping to the agreement which you have reached and you being left with having to make an application to the court, which may deal with things differently".
But it has now been signed by you both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, still in draft form, I have completed and signed my consent order and statement of information, but have not received my husbands yet. My solicitor sent my above documents to my husbands solicitors on Friday 12 December.
So agreement has been reached and your ex just wishes to make sure that the Decree Absolute is applied for at the same time - is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, exactly that.
That would in fact be entirely normal and there is no reason not to include that as part of the Order - in fact it is not unusual to do so - since the Financial Order cannot come into force until the Decree Absolute is granted
Please ask if you need further details