29905560

My employer dismissed my during my probation period stating

Customer Question

My employer dismissed my during my probation period stating my previous employer had provided an unsatisfactory reference on me. After a subject access request I got hold of the reference provided only to find there was nothing wrong with it; just a factual reference.
I pressed the firing employer for an explanation; they said "We just fired you at our discretion".
However, the fact they had used my reference as an excuse to justify the dismissal undermined me in my subsequent job search because they had planted in my mind that my career history was hardly presentable, as the previous four years of employment, in a position at the peak of my career would not be supported by e reference, as my previous employer would undermine my efforts behind my back.
This made it hard for me to sell myself on the job market, as it made it look unrealistic for me to pursue any career ambitions, and created the need to settle for any job that would simply keep me out of unemployment, not to mention the strain it placed on my relationship with my ex employer.
This devious way of handling SENSITIVE DATA about myself was utterly needless and unjustifiable.
I am looking to suing for HARASSMENT. Is this the best way to go about it or how what else should I sue them for? Do I only have 89 days to sue? What amount shall I reasonably be seeking?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you counting the days since dismissal?
Customer :

Why do you ask?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The expert made me feel as if he was mocking me.