12826847

I was caught using my mother's network railcard at a train

I was caught using my mother's network railcard at a train station to get a cheaper ticket and when I was confronted I claimed to be my mother. My mother bought the ticket for me with the railcard. I was then asked to pay the full price for the ticket, and I did pay it, and then the card was confiscated. What do you think will happen? What can I do? I don't want a conviction.
I presume this is the first time you have done this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes this is the first time. My mother's card railcard does not have a photograph, just a signature. The ticket salesman asked me to write my signature (and I wrote my mother's) and they did not match up. I then had to pay the full price ticket. He would not give the card back. He asked if I was going to complain. I said I would not complain.

You may be lucky and hear nothing more about this. That would be wonderful if it does happen.
You have to be realistic though. Clearly they know that you are not your mother or the pass would not have been seized from you and also you would not have been asked to pay.
They will probably write to you asking for your representations on the point. You can always offer to settle out of court. It is difficult to say whether that would be accepted. They will not like the fact that you pretended to be your mother. If you are lucky they will accept it and that will be an end to the matter.
Realistically though, there is a chance of a prosecution under the Railways Bye Laws. There is an outside chance of a prosecution for fraud but not likely. Generally speaking that does not happen in circumstances such as this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The ticket salesman knows I am not my mother as she was with me when she bought the ticket. He thought it was for her. Then he came onto the platform and confronted me. Do you think I should go to the train company or wait for them to contact me? I am worried I will have a criminal record as I have never committed any crimes before.

No, do nothing.
There is nothing that can be achieved by going to the company and it is always possible that they will lose the notes of your case.