12826847

I got 3 points on my license and it is a Fixed penalty notice.

Customer Question

I got 3 points on my license and it is a Fixed penalty notice. I never went to court.
But when I check the DVLA website it says the points were issued by North London Magistrate Court
How can a court issue points?? I did not attend or write any letter pleading guilty.
When I paid 100 pounds for FPN I sent my License to Conditional offer unit, Southend on Sea.
How come my counterpart and DVLA record says - 2572 - North london magistrate court
Does it reflect the fixed penalty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

even on the endorsements section it says Court convicting code: 2572

But I never been to any court, just paid the fine and sent my license to Conditional offer unit, Southend on Sea.

Courts do issue points administratively. That doesn't mean you have been to court. It just means the points were added by administrative means at a court.
What is more interesting here though is that you shouldn't have been anywhere near the north London Magistrates Court which is in Highgate. If you were dealing with Southend then it should have been the Essex Magistrates Court.
Fixed penalties are always issued by a court somewhere though. A court is the only entity with authority to levy punishments. It is just done administratively in the fixed penalty scenario.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This FPN I received was from Metropolitan Police, but on the form when I filled in it said I need to send the filled conditional offer of fixed penalty to Southend on sea.

So everytime we receive an FPN in UK, will it definately come from a Magistrate COurt??

Also Can you please advise is FPN a Criminal Conviction?? please advise

Yes, only a court can issue a punishment. It just doesn't lead to a hearing. It is added administratively.
This type of fixed penalty is a criminal conviction because of the points but it isn't one that will have any impact upon your character or stop you doing anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So you mean everyone who receive points on license have a criminal conviction??

I need to apply for my Indefinate leave to remain in UK visa and it asks to mention unspent and spent criminal convictions???

Does FPN come under this category???

Yes, but only a very minor one that nobody would be interested in.
I am not an immigration lawyer but I would mention the FPN. It makes absolutely no difference to your application and having mentioned it would protect you from allegations of dishonesty later.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So everyone in UK who receives fixed penalty notice and endorsement will be given by court???

EVen it is a condtional offer of fixed penalty and no summons issued by court

As I did not receive any summons on court

What about Penalty Charge Notice, is it different to FPN??

A PCN is generally used to describe a parking fine which is not criminal.
I am happy to continue with this but please remember to leave feedback for my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just need to confirm 1 thing though

Is this law for everyone that who ever receives a Conditional offer of fixed penatly and paid fine and did not attend any courts will still receive the points endorsed by a court???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also can you please advise if this FPN effect my good character in UK???

Does this FPN show on my criminal records??

No, it won't.
It will show on DVLA searches but not on DBS disclosure.