12826847

After my married daughter split from a bullying girl friendship

After my married daughter split from a bullying girl friendship this friend has posted a christmas card and signed this from my daughters previous ex boyfriend of many years ago to cause problems in her marriage how can she deal with this professionally
How do you know it was her?
If the extent of it is that it is a card ostensibly from an ex boyfriend then how does that cause problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter has matched her handwriting to a card she has sent her in the past. Why would an ex send a christmas card after 20+ years of not sending one

Well, he wouldn't but that doesn't mean it was this person.
To be wholly honest, there is not a lot that can be done about that. It is not a civil wrong. I cannot immediately see a crime that would apply.
The closest that you could come is malicious communication and the problem is that it is not all that malicious within the meaning of the act. I presume it doesn't say anything particularly offensive. It is the act of sending to which she objects which is not covered by the legislation.
The other difficulty is proving that this person is responsible. The police are not going to instruct a handwriting expert to analyse this card. It is fairly expensive to do that and obviously their resources are limited.
I am sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am quite disappointed that we cannot deal with this professionally especially when I failed to add that this person and her husband have admitted they performed malicious acts on friends they have fell out with in the past

I am afraid that one Christmas card ostensibly in the name of another is not a basis for litigation.