LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I am contesting the service charge claim by the freeholder.

Customer Question

I am contesting the service charge claim by the freeholder. They filed a case in County Court. I requested the Court to transfer the case to First-tier Tribunal Chamber in London. But the freeholder's solicitors have now given the court Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Fast Track.
As I want the case to go to Tribunal and NOT Fast Track, how should I respond to the court?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this. You can apply to transfer the case to the FTT. The court will have regard to the following: The FTT is an expert tribunal and thus better able to deal with the dispute, if there is a complex question of law then the court may be more appropriate, a transfer may involve delay which is to be avoided ( this is especially a problem if the court has mad directions), are there issues other than the service charge issue (if there are this will count against transfer).

Customer:

You may well think it is sensible to instruct a solicitor to help you in this case. You can find one local to you using this link. http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.