Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

Hi sir/madam, I am a tenant for flat 12 Alexandra Place,

Customer Question

Hi sir/madam,
I am a tenant for flat 12 Alexandra Place, NW8 0DY, and I just moved out on the 7th of December 2014. When I received the flat, the landlord had some old furniture that we didn't need, and I asked her if she would give us the flat unfurnished. However, she didn't accept it so I had to throw away some of the furniture. I was planning that when we leave the flat, we would buy her some new furniture. Som when we left, I did buy her new furniture from IKEA, but she rejected it. So she took £775 from the deposit and buy the furniture herself. But, I find this unfair as the furniture that we threw away was very old and not worth £775. Part of the £775 (£560) was actually the money that I paid myself for the hot water for the whole year. However, I didn't stay in the flat for the whole year, I stayed for six months. So, she has to give me back the money of the other six months(£280). She said that she wil give it to me but now she is refusing. I see this as a act of theft and I will not rest until I get my money back.
From Abdel Jalil Challoub
DPC 02401987
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
Matt Jones :

Hi I will try and help

Matt Jones :

can you confirm when you moved into the flat, and did your landlord keep hold of the deposit or did she put it into a deposit protection scheme?

Hi can you come back to me on the question so I can hep you further?