12826847

we have not had access to our garage due to new properties

Customer Question

we have not had access to our garage due to new properties being built and a new road being built at the back of our house since March 2014. We were offered access to another garage across the road, but this was too small for our car. Since this time we have been without access to our garage. We were promised this would be done by Nov 2014 we are now being told it will be February 2015. Should we now be claiming for some form of compensation from the builders
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Under what time of agreement are they allowed to block access to your drive? Is it a licence?
Do you have the long stop date in writing?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No just word of mouth from site manager. They have blocked access the whole time, we have not had any access at all during this time for 24hrs per day.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Can you confirm are they actually occupying your land?
AJ