75100385

Please Can you Help, If a vehicle is going along & the driver

Customer Question

Please Can you Help, If a vehicle is going along & the driver ( who is fully insured ) has a Fatal 1st time heart attack & his Lorry then hits 4 vehicles that were legally parked in a Full sized Layby & they to are all fully insured Whos insurance would the 4 drivers be able to claim from ?? this has actually happened to a close relative recently and he is not sure where to turn.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

The vehicle owners would claim off their insurance and that would claim against the deceased insurance.

Alex Watts :

They have a duty to insure under current EU regulations so can be liable

Alex Watts :

They are often brought in and named in proceedings

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-rkvdoimg- :

how would that work & would it affect his no claims bonus , also what about injuries would that be the same ? he has suffered quite bad back injuries ..

Alex Watts :

Once a claim is made and then settled in favour then the NCB would be restored.

Alex Watts :

The injuries a claim would also be made on the insurance.

Alex Watts :

The insurance then sues the insurance company responsible for the lorry

Alex Watts :

I am assuming you are referring to the vehicles hit and not the lorry driver

JACUSTOMER-rkvdoimg- :

Thats Good to know, so am i right in saying OR am i thick??, The people in the layby claim from THEIR insurers & their insurers then claim from the Heart attack victims insurance company ?? sorry if i sound daft i have never done this before,

Alex Watts :

That is correct

JACUSTOMER-rkvdoimg- :

ok , thats all helpful stuff, can i have an answer to another item or do i have to start again ?

Alex Watts :

Sadly if its not related you need to post a new question

Alex Watts :

But please rate this one and post a new question. If you put for Alex W I can answer it for you

JACUSTOMER-rkvdoimg- :

it is related to the same situation, he has a letter which has a bold black WITHOUT PREJUDICE underlined what does that mean, and if he were to be offered a sum on that basis ( without prejudice ) where would he stand

Alex Watts :

It means that if the matter goes to trial the letter can't be produced to the Court

Alex Watts :

So you can't use it against them

JACUSTOMER-rkvdoimg- :

thank you, ***** ***** very helpful, their slippery aren't they, Thank You again I think that's all I need, I will check and let you know in 2 minutes.

Alex Watts :

I agree.

Alex Watts :

If this does answer the question can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today. if you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

JACUSTOMER-rkvdoimg- :

No I think thats it, thank You.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Firstly, im on benefits, so i am having a hard time of it financially, HOW MUCH WILL THE 7 DAY TRIAL COST ME ..??? Thank You

If you have any billing questions might I ask you to speak with customer services as I dont have access to that?