75100385

Some nude photos have been posted on Myex.com of me. I know

Some nude photos have been posted on Myex.com of me. I know who had these photos but he says that he did not post them and he does not know who did. I have requested their removal on the website.. Is it possible to request they are removed more urgently.. would seeking help from a lawyer help? on the website it says that: Law Enforcement professionals will be given top priority when it comes to content removal please use the link below to request content be removed.' I would be grateful for any advice, thankyou!
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You should report this to the Police asap.

Alex Watts :

This may be an offence under the misuse of computers act 1990 or another offence

Alex Watts :

The Police can ask them to take it down

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can seek a Court order that they remove it

Alex Watts :

The only difficulty would be if they are based in a non EU country

Alex Watts :

This is why you must report this to the Police without delay

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Well the person who originally had the photos was in mexico so I believe whoever posted them is in mexico..

Alex Watts :

Ah ok. Well the Police can ask for them to be removed

Alex Watts :

The site are more likely to take note of the Police

Customer:

okay

Customer:

Removal Policy

Myex.com is a site driven by user submitted content. Myex.com is not responsible for the content submitted by its users. Users who submit content to Myex.com agree to our terms of service. Myex.com Has a zero tolerance policy for posting photos of people under the age of 18. If someone has posted a picture of you as a minor please use the correct link below to request removal of photo of a minor.

Law Enforcement professionals will be given top priority when it comes to content removal please use the link below to request content be removed.

If you own a copy-write to images posted on the site please send the proper DCMA documentation to the DCMA link below and the content will be removed.

If there are photos of you posted that you would like removed please use the general removal link below. WE REQUIRE PHOTO ID TO PROVE THESE IMAGES ARE YOURS AND WILL LOG YOUR IP.

Law Enforcement requests will be handled first, followed by minor removal requests, DCMA, and then general requests.

As a general rule if you don’t want photos of you ending up on the internet be more careful who you send them too or better yet don’t send them at all.

Customer:

this is the website's removal policy... does law enforcement professional mean lawyer?

Alex Watts :

Looks like the site is based in Poland so the Police can ask it is removed

Alex Watts :

If they refuse you can get an injunction to get it removed as they are in the EU

Alex Watts :

Customer:

okay..

Customer:

I'm not sure... i just want to do whatever it takes for them to be removed

Alex Watts :

OK. Go to the Police first

Alex Watts :

If that does not do any good see a Solicitor about an injunction

Customer:

what's an injunction?

Customer:

sorry I am completely clueless

Alex Watts :

A Judge orders them to take it down

Customer:

okay

Customer:

I will do that

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

no, youve been really helpful

Customer:

thank you so much

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

if you need more help please click reply

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience