Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

hi this is I Criminal law question.If a bank has froze my

Customer Question

hi this is I Criminal law question.
If a bank has froze my account in the UK and I am want for questioning
does not mean I have a criminal record or an I just wanted for questioning
who do I find out if I am wanted for question or there is an arrest warrant out for me
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Has the bank given you any information at all?
JACUSTOMER-21t8ja90- :

yes they said the account was frozen after the police gave evidence that the funds were as a result of a fraudulent transaction and the bank frooze then

Alex Hughes :

OK understood. You do not have a criminal record unless you are arrested, charged and found guilty of a crime. Freezing your account and being asked to attend for questioning does not give you a criminal record.

Alex Hughes :

It is possible to make enquiries with the police but a solicitor ought to do this for you. I can send you information about our addiitonal services

Alex Hughes :

I have sent you additional services information as promised.

JACUSTOMER-21t8ja90- :

okay but is there an arrest warrant out for me in the UK ie if I fly into Heathrow and they see my passport which is European

JACUSTOMER-21t8ja90- :

passport will I be detained and questioned then charged

Alex Hughes :

I have no idea if there is a warrant for you unless contact is made with the police. Lawyers and members of the public do not have this information. Only the police will be able to say and in order to get that information a call has to be made to the police and then enquiries with the investigating officer.

JACUSTOMER-21t8ja90- :

okay thanks will have the current lawyer check

Alex Hughes :

All the best. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer. Have a good Christmas.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.