13262538

My ex partner has sent me a threating solicitor letter stating

Customer Question

My ex partner has sent me a threating solicitor letter stating I took 53K from his pension. However his has just been found dead. The letter from the solicitor is completely untrue but I want to know if any of this rubbish can still be pursued?
I also own a property that I own and have just exchanged on. I would like to know if he or his estate has any claim on me selling my property we did live together for 9 1/2 years.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How exactly were you meant to have taken money from his Pension?
How was your property funded?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has said that I have transfered this medical payout into my account I can prove this did not happen by showing my bank account statements. We borrowed £16K from my parents when he was signed off sick and this was paid back to them via a bank transfer. Plus we then loaned them £7k. He also paid £7K into my account so that I could pay the loan and cards we had used while he was signed off sick. He was off sick for over 12 months

He said that I made the transfer as he is PC iliterate but he is not. He has a facebook and ebay account plus I have 100's of emails from his that are threatening. He was on several pain killers Very strong and anti depressents.

The property was funded by mortgage and my partner before him also passed away and £150K was left to me and I put £150k into the house and he put in £15K.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you have documentation of the loans from and to your parents?
When will your parents repay the loan and who to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The cards we used where in their names but no the £7k loan from Keith to my parents was just verbal. Now he has passed away who do they repay?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What were the cards used for?
Clate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cards were used to pay for everyday living,food gas electric,petrol
Morgage,bills,because he was out of work for over a year,he said he will pay it all when he got his ill health retiment,otherwise we couldn't of lived because I had to work part time as we have 2 children,and he was so ill!!
Also the amount that he transferred to my mums account and to mine was 30 thousand altogether not 53 thousand as he said.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - just to check - you have two children together?
How old are they?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter age 9 is not his but has brought her up since she was 9months,and we have a 4 year old son together
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi also,the solicitor letter was dated and posted 17 th December
And it said I had to pay the monies back buy 15th December?
Or he will go to court?
How can that be?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did he have any other children?
Has he left a Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has 2 children from 1st marriage one is 29
One is 26,he last relationship he has a 21 year old
And a 11 year old,then my children yes he has left a will
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Who are named as executors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nobody knows because he only done it on 26th November
His oldest daughter is being next of kin,and I have her solicitor
Number so she can inform them of his passing.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry - you said that you had borrowed £16,000 from your parents to pay for Credit Cards etc - and that this was what you paid back to them - but then you said that another £7,000 was used to cover this as well - could you clarify this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 7,000 was because he said he would lend them
It to help them out,then he said it was just took and he didn't say that
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
This is the bit that I am confused about
you said
"We borrowed £16K from my parents when he was signed off sick and this was paid back to them via a bank transfer. Plus we then loaned them £7k. He also paid £7K into my account so that I could pay the loan and cards we had used while he was signed off sick"
So that is £30,000 in total?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he had some old debts aswell that he paid out of his money
But yes that 30g that I don't mind paying back!!,
But I don't like the lies that I took it off him
And the letter doesn't make sense it was both our
Debt I don't expect him to pay mine,I think he was mentally ill
And belived all this in his head,I just want to know now he has
Passed what can be done
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Just to be clear - you do agree that his estate is entitled to the return of £30,000?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I was going to give him back 50 anyway
But he didn't trust me to do so,but I want to clear
My name because I am not what he said I was in that letter
My children should benefit out of it,as should his other
Children
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are you on good terms with the older children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes at the moment but we all know when money is
Involved anything can happen,I just want it all to go away
And I will give what he asked but I didn't do what he said
In that letter
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
On the basis that you are clear that you always intended to return the agreed amount to him then you should write to the solicitor pointing out that your ex was not well and that the accusations that he made were unfounded
You should then acknowledge the amounts that you agree are owed to the Estate - and remind them that your house is still needed to house the child until the child is 18 and accordingly there can be no sale forced until then.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
C;are