12826847

Hi , please advice me on how to get my official driving licence,

Hi , please advice me on how to get my official driving licence, I passed my test in1984, all the time I had provisional , till now I applied for photo licence, which came back as provisional, I was expecting DVLA sending me original licence which I have misplaced, when I phoned to enquire they said I need not apply the original within ten yrs. I told how is it possible when getting employed by BA with my original licence . Please help me what I should do, because I'm 57 yrs of age plus I've become a carer for my son who is suffering from paranoia schizopheania , I can't possibly go for another driving test, as constantly under stress and anxiety . Please I would appreciate your earliest response. Thank you. Amrit
So you never upgraded your original licence to a full licence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo, well I phoned DVLA according to them no, I I didn't apply original licence, if that was the case I told them why did they not remind me, they said in those days they didn't send reminders, I would like to know, if they made an error , because when I joined for BA for a couple of years they wouldn't have employed me without a full licence, when i explained DVLA, they say we don't have record of me applying for full licence, they are asking me to take driving test as well as written test, which seems very difficult for me to go through , especially having to deal with nerve recking illness my son has, although I've driven safely without any accidents all these yrs. please help with my question , as I need the car all the time.Thank-you. Amrit
That is bad news I am afraid.
They are absolutely right. Unfortunately, back then, you had to apply for a full licence and if you did not then your entitlement was revoked.
I am sorry but there is no way around it.
I realise they didn't remind you but it is not for them to do so. The obligation rests with the driver.
I suppose you could judicially review their decision but I wouldn't suggest it. There are not really grounds here and it is expensive.
I am very sorry