Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

i was in a shop getting a electron device repair and the repair

i was in a shop getting a electron device repair and the repair process was taking longer that expect and on thing lend to another an i was ask to leave the shop and they are going to report the matter to the police. and want me to come down to the station to give my side of the story
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What actually happened? What are the allegations against you?

Customer:

it was quite embarassing, after about 10 minutes ... i said something inappropriate under my breath like you 'thick c**t at which point he said that you would not help me futher and to leave the shop, whick i then waited for about 10 minutes and the finally left (with out my laptop or know when it would be ready) saying some after racis comments and then when to the manager. The manager told me to leave the store and he would noticify the police. which they have done so. i fly out of the country to nz and the police want to took to me on my return to uk early jan.

Customer:

i am not sure of the exact allegation as they only want to get my side of the story,

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you have not been charged with anything at this stage, but remember two things (1) You have the right not to incriminate yourself (2) cooperating with the police is always going to be i your best interest.

Alex J. :

I would ask if this is going to be a formal interview and if it is I would take a criminal solicitor along with you as well.

Customer:

ok thanks. how serious is this? i have never been in trouble with the police before (in any country)

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you technically it could be considered assault. Ultimately they have not charged you with anything and you do not have to incriminate yourself. The police have limited resources so it really depends how far they will investigate it. I think it is unlikely you will go to prison or anything.

Customer:

ok thank you.

Customer:

What is the best way of getting a criminal solicitor

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you. Contact the Law Society www.lawsociety.org.uk

Alex J. :

They will be able to recommend someone local to you.