Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My mother owned her own bungalow with her long time partner

My mother owned her own bungalow with her long time partner when she died her will stated the house to be shared 50% her partner and 50% to me and my two sisters, with her partner aloud to stay there as long as he wants. I would like my share of the worth now so I can buy my own house but neither my sisters or stepdad are willing to buy my share, can I sell it to another party....or is there anyway I can use this inheritance to help me get on the housing ladder.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

In cases like this, your Mother's Will will state that you are only entitled to your share of the bungalow as and when it is sold, which would be when her stepdad dies or decides to sell.

Until such event happens, you can't get "your hands on" your share. Unless your stepdad or sisters are happy to buy out your share, which I note they are not willing to do, you aren't going to be able to do anything until the bungalow is sold.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

AL