12826847

Hi i inboxed my niece on Face book about her estranged mothers

Customer Question

Hi i inboxed my niece on Face book about her estranged mothers tactics, as i was concerned over the way she has been acting ... the niece then passes all info on to my sister and sister is now going to sue me ??It was a private msg to my niece and should have stayed that way ! To say im annoyed is a understatement ,,Advice please
What is s he going to sue you for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Defamation of character and slander !! ...i believe . My neice was saying she needs help mentally and that there was no hope as her mental state had gone too far .. My sis is a Hypochondriac and causes trouble all the time within the family .. This was the last thing i was expecting for my niece to deceive my confidence, Sis moved into her Daughters (niece) and moved out again within four months saying she was used as a skivvie ! ..and Maid. i related this to my neice in convo as she was saying she would never forgive her mother for the way she left her house .. by just leaving .. I agreed she needed help Psychiatric at that and it has now got out of hand by neice passing msgs iv sent on to her mother .. but i believe neice has not sent the msgs she wrote to me .. in reply . Many thanks

I wouldn't worry about this.
One private message is not enough for defamation. In any event, truth and fair comment are defences that would assist you here.
Also, it would cost £10k plus to sue for defamation.
People do not do it usually over inboxes on Facebook.