12826847

I have been a silly boy, I drove a car that was insured in

I have been a silly boy, I drove a car that was insured in my name but my provisional licence has been revoked. I hit a transit van and did some minor damage to the back of their van. My car had substantial damage. We exchanged details and he drove off within 10mins. They have made a claim on my insurance, but my insurance wont pay out for the licence reasons. What will happen?
They could sue you personally. Most likely they will just claim from the MIB who, I am afraid, will probably try to reclaim from you with costs. They can be quite aggressive. I would try to settle privately if you can.
They could also report this to the police. Some insurance companies do that and some do not. If they do then they will probably prosecute you for having no insurance. That carries 6 points normally but you have to take into account that there was a collision and so they could give you a short ban. There will also be a fine proportionate to your means and costs of £85 if you plead at first instance.
If it is just minor damage then I would try to settle. At least it would avoid a claim from the MIB and also remove the motivation to report you to the police.