75100385

I need your experiened help. a friend coming from Moscow has

Customer Question

I need your experiened help. a friend coming from Moscow has bvrought me a present she was syopped at sherementevo airport anmd she had bought me a present however she brough an old family object,it was anicon.it was for the luck of god for our future family...they have held her she sais she has to pay afine or go to court monday29 december thab appaently she can expect two years Is there a chance of a nadjourment and what do you think about this.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you ever met this person?

Alex Watts :

Could you please say what they were bringing in?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

HELLO ALEX,

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

hello Alex,

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

hello Alex.well her name is***** and she lives in Vyksa.this kady had applied and received the visa to take a holidat and visit me.no alex we have never met face to face.i know of all the scams but she had paid and organised this trip.she was bring a present .it was Christmas eve and this was a surprise like any gift at this time.it was to bring the luck.of the protection of god .I am not a great believer but the gesture would not allow me to part or sell this icon for all the tea in China I hope you understand.if this lady was trying to get money it is possible but it is a strange way.sinve her arrest atSheremnentyevo airrport terminalD where she was booked on aeroflot fligh su2584leaving 2150 for London.she failed to put thicon on the list of things necessary but this she ignored I dont know why since it was not hidden and is not a small object.Now apparently she is in a hgolding cell where she sais they intend to take her to the court charged with smuggling .they have told her there is a penalty payable but it is large.If all is true then I will move as fast as possible to go and pay this sum to rescue her.Alex you would save me a lot of trouble expence and most of all the ability to learn to forget her.her family have all emailed me and are petriofied she has never broken any law.her naivety I dont feelis crime but to foget is also believable asthis icon that she is charged with smugling out of Russia.it has been illegal for years but these icom=ns are in most homes .hers happens to be worth mooney as it is so old .so Alex can you find anythiung to give me mre.I will be so very gratefull/

Alex Watts :

What did she bring?

Alex Watts :

I assume she has asked you to pay the fine?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

she broughwith her an icon this usually a wooden arch shaped piec of wood with beautiful religious painting.some can be worth a million.but it is all black market.it is apity the british government had the same attitude then they might return the Elgin marble statues belong to |\Greec and worth as much as the MOna Liza.see you

Alex Watts :

Are you being asked to pay the fine?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

yes Alex and she has aid it can all be done with a lawey and she has offered me half of her house.

Alex Watts :

Are you being asked to pay by Western Union?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

no,iwas asked that money gram was reliable but I insisted she get a lawyer quickly and explained money gram would spoil her chanc of ever receving a visa aghhain so a lawyer was her choice.money gram is quick but dangerous she did not know this so agreed with me and also agreed to arrang e things with a lawyer.I dont think the airport police will be very helpfull wnen \\I tried to ring they laughed and said no english and down went the phome.

Alex Watts :

What number did you call?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

I dont have it to hand I gat the numbner of terminald customs police from 118003

Alex Watts :

So they are saying that she either has to pay a fine or she will be charged?

Alex Watts :

When you called customs Police, did they confirm they were holding your friend?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

yes and har sios ter has since got a lawyer and he sughgest she will receine 3 or 5 years but leniency will redic ir to 2 years.the fine is I believe $4700.

Alex Watts :

A lawyer in the UK?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

no a Russian lawyer and I am now waiting to hearbut acsess is dificult and she writes on paper and gives it to her sister who then sends the emaik but I have asked for the lawyerys email but it is Suday and progres from here or there will be difficult.

Alex Watts :

Why does she need a Russian lawyer when it is UK law that applies?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

no alex it is in russia the customds found this icon here I dont think they wuld know what it is.that is why it is so serious the Russian law must be a nightmare.so that is why the penalty is high.in the UK afine would never be apprriate is that right

Alex Watts :

So she never got to the UK?

Alex Watts :

Is she intending on coming for holiday or is this a romantic interest?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

Alex I thin kit will be first thing in the morning that you could find any details.yes to both but she had a 30 day holiday and a return ticket we both knew well she was to return towork

Alex Watts :

Did you ever see the visitor visa?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

I include yues to both as answer and I had started to writ eso yes there was romance but we b oth knew she wwas to returt to work with a retgurn ticket

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

no I belie ve it is all done on line and I wuld not have thought to ask.

Alex Watts :

Ok - its bad news I am afraid. This is what is called a romance scam. The person you have been talking to does not exist. They prey on people and pull on heart strings.

Alex Watts :

The warning signs are:

Alex Watts :

1) You have never met them

Alex Watts :

2) You have not seen the visa

Alex Watts :

3) They were stopped coming out of the country

Alex Watts :

4) You are being asked to pay a fine

Alex Watts :

5) You are being asked to send the money via Moneygram, ie cash

Alex Watts :

This is a very common scam and I am sorry to say if you send money that wont be the end of it

Alex Watts :

You will be asked to pay more money for other things, to bribe the Judge etc.

Alex Watts :

I am very sorry to say that this person does NOT exist and you should stop all contact.

Alex Watts :

I too have received emails of this kind.

Alex Watts :

Please see: http://www.romancescams.org/

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

Alex I thank you and I will do nothing unless i heard from a reputable lawyer.so have a prosperous new year

Alex Watts :

Yes I am sorry its not better news but I fear its a scam.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

not at the moment alex I will contact in the evnt of a surprise to fid truth but now your advise what I will fo;llow if it is deffinately correct would you help and represent me or us I dont know now but I am surprised you shou;be pestered like that and I am sure you were far far more wise and careful.bless you Alex I owe you and will not forget such kindness

Alex Watts :

If I were you I would just delete all the emails and do not respond.

Alex Watts :

You have no way of checking if their 'lawyer' is genuine and registered.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

you arte right Alex it would take a letterfrmthe court to make me evr contact her again you have helped me realize there are really good woman and you are the best example you has given me some comfort thanks agaim Alex

Alex Watts :

Happy to help. If this does answer your question can I ask you to rate my answer - the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

JACUSTOMER-1tvh18w8- :

Alex you allready have my top marks in the box((submit cam I write again should I want your advise Stephen

Alex Watts :

Thank you. If you could please rate my answer I would be very happy - as this credits me for my time from the website

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good day to you Alex,

DearAlex I am the man who you rescued early today.I want no more legal advise but this story is NOT about money I have read so many letters from those who choose to tell to the site and poted as an advert.also the usual stuff and men seducing or just ouyright raping.Russian scammers and so on.Well Alex please take the time to read this ,It can take you from laughfter at my stupitity to pity and much more where there is too little time or space to write and finally I am sure a damned good laugh,Initionally there were the usual gettinto know you things and after three or four weeks things were moving along.then the mention of a due holiday.after the third week I told her of the thing in my life that has hurt ne the nost.My wife ckeared out leaving me with my two year old son.wonderful he nevr cried from the moment he was born.I told her that Christmas was the worst time of year for me.you understand conspicuous b y his absense.well it is true.I spent one Christmas here after hisdeath,he was run down and killed by a young girl doing 45 mph down hill in a busy shopping area

the police were convinced she should be charged with man slaughter.NO!! I would hear no word of prosecution.I felt sorry for this girl and was determined to forgive her.an idiot again.it was not for me to decide and it was my boy who deserved justice.I still would have said be as lenient as possible.Christmas I would allways go to the Sahara.the Atlas.I began to fint impossible to stay on Christian land.so I went to muslem land.there I could live and that is all I wanted.not to forget but to get out of this materialistic stampede.did you hear twoo elderly people were actually trampled to death by human beings.any way she knew how much dislike and hurt it was to stay alone here.so to say you will come just i hour before Christmas day she decided to send the message of her faked arrest.There I was with a big bunch of flowers and champagne waiting at home she would know my feelings were going to be more than hrt it was too late for theSahara.so alone thinking she is sitting in a prison I was here pacing and well you know what I mean.Alex the one question is that it hjas occred to me to do something with this story it is certainly more sadistic,ruthless and know just how I would feel and my defences would be as low as possible.so Alex do you have any ideas .whatt should I do with this story.it needs writing proffesonally.and so on.but it betters ant of the stories read by me in any site.after your rescue I took my slk mercedes and went fast with Rachmaninovs piamo concertro in c sharp minor.and drove without care for cameras.when Home love had tturned to amuzement and you are the one to thankthe drive with music drove stupidity from my mind any love from my heart to my boots.I thank and I aowe you Alex I am more gratefull than you may imagine.BYEBYEAlex I hope to hear if you think there is a story here that could be publishable.best of luck Alex and have the best of days.........Steve>>>Farmer..

I am so pleased I managed to help.