12826847

Hi, I was caught speeding ( I did not know I was speeding)

I was caught speeding ( I did not know I was speeding) on one very"busy" camera - a lot of drivers have been caught there as I see online (speed camera crawley gatwick road ). I was going 44 instead of 30 mph according to the police notice. All I remember that I was lost there - I do not know the area... and I might have done it - when I was looking around finding my way... maybe I did not watch my speed??? Is there anything I could do to avoid any fines or points taken? I have never had any other offences. Thanks
You can always put them to proof. The risk of that is costs. The truth is that you probably would be convicted at court and then have to pay costs of over £600 potentially. There is a chance they would forget to summons or lose evidence or the witnesses would not attend but you should be aware that it is a risk.
If this is 44mph in a 30 mph zone then it isn't all that likely they would offer the speed awareness course but it is a possibility.
Alternatively you could wait to see if they remember to summons you. They do forget sometimes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** a letter and form that my partner has to fill in, what shall I do then? What would be my penalty?Shall I send them a letter - my explanation? Please advise.

The letter is almost certainly a S172 request.
If she is the registered keeper then she will have to complete it naming you as the driver if indeed you were.
If this is 44mph in a 30 mph zone then I would expect 4-6 points or a short ban and a fine. A ban isn't likely. There will also be costs of £85.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, shall I send them a letter - explanation that I was lost going around.... and might had gone faster when I tried to find my way? The roads there were not busy.

Thank you, ***** ***** be my last question.

Lubica

No. Do nothing. All that does is admit the offence and make it easier for them to pursue you.
Wait until they contact you.
She is the registered keeper so the fact that they have to write back to you will cut into their time limits.