75100385

my daughter about 15 yrs ago got mixed up with the wrong crowd

my daughter about 15 yrs ago got mixed up with the wrong crowd and started to take drugs around her house...the police raided the house and she got sent to prison for a couple of months...since this day she cannot get a job..she doesn't touch the stuff now..but still on her record and she cannot get a job..could you advise if this 'prison-record' could come off now//
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what was the exact charge and setnence?

JACUSTOMER-wj82kyyq- :

my daughter at the moment is on a short-break for xmas and can'nt get in touch..all I can remember was the police raided the house and she went to prison for a couple of months

JACUSTOMER-wj82kyyq- :

this record has stayed on and she tries all the time to get a job but hasn't succeeded for 15n years

Alex Watts : When did she go to prison?
Alex Watts : it would have been for something more substantial than simple possession of drugs
Customer:

went to prison 10th april 2000

Customer:

went to prison 10th april 2000 REASON; POSSESSION OF DRUGS WITH INTENT TO SUPPLY.

Alex Watts : Ok. How old was she?
Customer:

40 yrs of age...born on 15th may 1959

Alex Watts : What was the actual prison sentence? What did she actually get, rather than what she served?
Customer:

GOT 6 weeks Prison sentence BUT served only 3 weeks.

Customer:

Prison Sentence: Possession of drugs with intent to supply....thank-you ALEX ..all this means so much to my daughter..thinking someone might be able to help!

Alex Watts :

Thank you. The conviction becomes spent after 7 years.

Alex Watts :

This means after 7 years she does NOT have to declare it as a conviction, except for exempted posts

Alex Watts :

If she needs what was a CRB (now DBS check) if it is a basic check then it wont show after 7 years.

Alex Watts :

However if she applies for a post which needs a standard or enhanced then it will show on the DBS check

Alex Watts :

Does this clarify matters? So as long as it has been more than 7 years she does not generally need to declare it

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Hello..ALEX

Customer:

Hello Alex,

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Your information as far as I can see does sum up the situation, I will contact you later when I have contacted one of my granddaughters who is going to attend university next year to study something that includes law, will contact as soon as I find out.

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

...I am contacted the daughter who needs the help and also the granddaughter I just mentioned ...if they are happy with this..will put my rating and pay your expenses..thank-you..once again..it might open up a new world for my daughter Lorraine..as she is lacking in confidence and this will be the best Christmas present ever.

Alex Watts :

Thank you. If this does answer your question can I ask you to rate my answer - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply