12826847

I made a decision which will affect me financially based on

Customer Question

I made a decision which will affect me financially based on information given to me by my Union Rep. I have now found out that this information was incorrect and because of the decision I made this will affect my financial income for the future.What can I do about this as I feel very angry and let down.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I worked for DWP for 35 years. I am disabled and my health has not been good. I was on a final sick warning and unfortunately DWP drastically changed my way of working without training. This resulted in me getting very stressed and although I asked for training and help none was provided. This resulted in my having an extremely bad panic attack/breakdown and having to go off sick on 10/9/14. My manager would not let me take annual leave but insisted if I was away from work I had to take sick leave. My managers then decided to send my case to a decision maker (DM) to decide if they could keep me on or not. At this stage I contacted my union,PCS, for advice.A rep advised me that the DM would decide if they will dismiss me and, if so, what level of compensation I would be awarded.He told me that if I was awarded 100% compensation and I was 55 they could make up my pension to the level it would have reached had I worked to 60 and let me take it early. Because of this info I let the union rep tell the DM that I would accept dismissal. I was dismissed with 100% compensation awarded but have now found out that my pension will be frozen, not enhanced and I will greatly reduce my lump sum if I opt to take it now. This bad advice will now cost me greatly over the years and I am very

upset. I am a single woman with little saved and I feel very let down. Please help me if there is any way I can make this right.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you haven't been able to find anyone by now I would think it best to cancel this question and speedily refund me my £38. I am amazed you could not find anyone to help and will look elsewhere for better responses.

Anne XXXXXX