75100385

My daughter has bought a house but intends taking in two or

My daughter has bought a house but intends taking in two or three lodgers. This is her only owned home. Because of her work she lives in a shared rented flat for 5 or 6 nights per week and therefore typically spends one or two nights at her house. She provides a cleaner with the house & the lodgers will pay no bills other than monthly rent. Under these circumstances could she be at risk of having sitting tenants? If so how many nights per week would she need to spend in her house to prevent this?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I assume the persons would be just renting a room each?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, two with own en-suit. They will have a lodger agreement to sign.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I assume you are having difficulties with my question. Further information is that the lodgers have access to the lounge & kitchen diner, but under the lodger agreement will not have free access to my daughter's room or to any other lodger's room without permission.

I was just giving it some thought. I do not think you need to worry. If there is a lodgers agreement this sets out quite clearly in effect the tenants are there on licence, they do not have a right to remain.
Further your daughter is spending some time there, albeit 2 days a week. It is exactly the same as if she went on holiday for a few weeks, would that create a different relationship with the lodgers - no.
There is an express lodger agreement, this says that there are simply no additional rights.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As you disclaim any responsibility for your answer, how reliable is your answer. Do you think it likely I would have a different point of view from a private solicitor?

All posts by all experts have a disclaimer, regardless of category, its a site rule over which I have no control over. I am a working Solicitor and deal with Landlord and tenant issues daily (except for Christmas). I am not employed by the site so I am independent.
My answer is not going to be any different from any other Solicitor.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I clarify anything else for you?