Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

i paid £5000.00 deposit to enterprise inns to start a pub business

i paid £5000.00 deposit to enterprise inns to start a pub business for my ex- partner who was unemployed, since 17th dec 2014 we have seperated, she does not want me to be in the premises, do i have any rights to be resident in the premises due to the deposit i have paid ??? my ex-partner has not made any financial input into the business
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Whose name is ***** ***** lease for the pub? Kind regards AJ

Customer:

currently the agreement in place is a Beacon taw to which my ex's name is ***** ***** agreement, there is no full tenancy agreement signed until the brewery accountant and regional manager decide if the business is viable.

Alex J. :

Hi Thank you. I am afraid if your name is ***** ***** the lease, you have no rights to occupy the property without your partners consent. If you lent her £5k then you are entitled to recover this you can sue her for the money if she wont pay it back.

Alex J. :
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

Customer:

many thanks

Alex J. :

No problem. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist any further.

Alex J. :

Kind regards AJ