75100385

I bought a combi microwave oven from Currys in June 2014. In

I bought a combi microwave oven from Currys in June 2014. In September, on opening the door, it lost all power. It was sent for repair by Currys and came back two weeks later having had a new fuse and door switch fitted. Yesterday, on opening the door, all power there was no power again. Currys refuse to replace it. What is my position?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether it has a warranty still?

Customer:

There is no warranty. It is obviously still under 12 month guarantee.

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is write and ask them to give you another repair (you can't insist on a replacement as you have already had a repair).

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you need to get 3 quotes for getting it repaired, this then forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of repair within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

What if, after a second repair, the fault occurs again?