75100385

I have bought car from registered car dealer Randles

I have bought car from registered car dealer Randles (Garages) Ltd.
Cobridge Road, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5LG.
Registered in England No. 513858. VAT No. ********* . It is Audi A5
2.0tfsi. This car is faulty. It is consuming 1-1.5 liter engine oil per
1000km. I bought this car on 2nd august 2014. I get information from friend
that bought similar audi a5 2.0tfsi with the same car engine fault. He said
that he get information from you that if car is bought from registered car
dealer then I have legal rights to complain within 6 months since car was
purchased.
I bought tih car in UK but I live in ROI. So have I still rights to
complain to this dealer?
Regards *****
Alex Watts :

Hello Lukasz my name is ***** ***** I will help toy with this

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether it was new or used car?

Customer:

It was used car

Customer:

hello anybody there???

Customer:

hello i dind't get any answer from you yet

Alex Watts :

How old is it and how many miles has it done?

Alex Watts :

Does it come with a warranty?

Customer:

hallo it is 2010 car

Customer:

at the moment it has 84800miles

Customer:

I had warranty for 3months but i didn't get anything on paper.

Customer:

I get from citizen information that i have rights to complain for 6months since I bought car from trade

Customer:

When I bought it it had 82200miles

Customer:

hello

Alex Watts :

Well thats not quite right, you would have more rights if this was a new car.

Alex Watts :

As it is a used car and has done quite a lot of miles 82,200 your rights are more limited

Alex Watts :

How did you pay for the car?

Alex Watts :

What is the cost of repair?

Customer:

i paid by bank transfer 8000GBP

Alex Watts :

ok

Customer:

and 5110GBP in cash on collection day

Alex Watts :

ok

Customer:

I have invoice and receipts

Customer:

here is some more information

Customer:

When i bought this car it had about 82200miles done on it. I did picture today with current millage 84800miles. This picture is attached to this email. Since I bought this car i used 4litre castrol 5w30 longlife bottles of engine oil to top up level. On the way home from you after two weeks engine oil was gone from max to min. I did in this period of time about 800 kilometers. So I went to nearest garage to check are there any oils leaks and mechanic said that engine is dry. So i bought 1L oil to top up oil level. Oil level was ok after that. Unfortunaly after another couple hundret kilometers I get information from onboard computer that oil level is to low and I need fill it up with at last 1 liter oil then i can continue driving. And after that i used 2 more bottles of oil to top up the level. At the moment I'm driving with 4litre bottle of engine oil in my boot just in case I'll need it ot top up again. So in about 2600miles done on this car by me I used 4litre oil. This is not normal. Mechanic also said that driving car with that issue can cause engine and turbocharger damage. I also get information from Audi dealer that this is comon factory engine issue with camshaft and pistons. It could be repaired by them on Audi warranty by first owner. It needs new camshaft and pistons to stop oil consumption. Unfortunaly warranty was only for two years.

Alex Watts :

Ok, so it had a 2 year warranty which has run out

Customer:

yes

Alex Watts :

ok, what is the cost of repair?

Customer:

So this dealer sold me car with hidden engine fault that donsn't depends on millage because that's common issue with this engines. That what audi dealer said to me

Customer:

costs of repairs is 4500GBP

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses of the repair and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

So can I claim they to get my car repaired?

Alex Watts :

Yes you can

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

So what if they will ignore me

Alex Watts :

Then you can get Judgment and enforce it by sending in bailiffs etc

Customer:

but I live in ROI have go then to uks curt or can I do this here?

Alex Watts :

You can but there is likely to be a jurisdiction issue

Alex Watts :

The contract happened in mainland Uk so you should issue it here

Customer:

will I have to pay any costs of the court case and will I need solicitor?

Alex Watts :

Yes you have to pay the court fees but if you win these are added to the claim

Alex Watts :

No, you do not need a Solicitor.

Alex Watts :

Can you see my earlier advice on procedure and representation?

Customer:

I know person with same issue and he contacted Trading Standards after that dealer repaired car on his costs.

Customer:

It was 2008 a5 with same engine and same issue

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

Trading Standards may help and you might to try that first

Customer:

i contacted adviser already and he said I can claim repair of my car

Customer:

I have ref. number from them and contact number if there will be any problems with this dealer

Customer:

They also gave me this website to speek to a solicitor like you

Alex Watts :

Ok. But if they refuse to do the repair you can take this to Court using the steps I have outlined above.

Customer:

I have booked engine oil consuption test booked fro moday with audi dealer to have a proof of unussual oil comsumption by my car

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

So let us see if they want to repair for free

Customer:

Can I do this online

Alex Watts :

I do not understand?

Customer:

For free? Who dealer that I bought car from?

Alex Watts :

Can you do what online?

Customer:

That was question to this answer:

Customer:

Alex Watts :

Yes you can do this online.

Customer:

can I come back to you tomorow?

Alex Watts :

Can you see my earlier advice on the procedure?

Alex Watts :

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer:

ok

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

ok so i'll try all steps I contacted them already

Customer:

This is email from them

Customer:

read it and please tell me what you think

Customer:

Dear Mr. Smykowski

Thank you for your email dated 28th December.

First of all may I say that I'm sorry that you are having problems with the above vehicle?

You purchased the car from Car Logic which is longer in operation but was a subsidiary of Randles, so we will address your issue.

Before I can take this any further I need to know some more details regarding the problem with the car.

I will need you to send me a photo of the current mileage along with a more detailed usage of oil?

I must state at this time that Randles Garages Ltd will not give you authority to have any work carried out at our costs, any authority that you give to a third party garage will be at your cost.

I look forward to your reply.

David Willott

Randles (Garages) Ltd

www.randles.co.uk

Randles Suzuki Stoke

01782 917917

Alex Watts :

Ok - well that is not denying liability

Alex Watts :

They have not said nio

Alex Watts :

* no *

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Alex Watts :

If this does answer your question can I ask you to rate my answer so I am credited for my time - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

if you need more help please click reply

Customer:

Ok thank You very much hoply all will go rights without any court help

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm after Audi main dealer oil consumption test. It confirms that car is using 1.1 litre of engine oil.

I sent copy of invoices to dealer that sold me car.

This dealer is autorised SUZUKI dealer and they have their own garage. So they said that they want me to bring car to them and they want to do their own test to check how much car is using oil. They also want to check where are the oil leak in engine. They can also consult their friendly audi dealer.

They want to carry out repairs in their own garage.

But travel to them one way will cost me 250-300euro. So should they give me money back for this travel???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello

Cobridge Road, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5LG.
1000km. I bought this car on 2nd august 2014.

But travel to them one way will cost me 250-300euro.

They agreed to check car and took for repairs they also agreed to compansate my expenses for bringing car to them and for collection

I get Email from them that confirms that:

"First of all I'm sorry for the delay as I have not been in the business. I understand your concerns and your rights under the Sales of Goods Act. I am prepared to look at your vehicle and compensate you for your expenses. Please contact me to arrange this. David Willet Randles (Garages) Ltd www.randles.co.uk"

I also took from them written confirmation that car was taken by them yesterday for repairs.

Today they sent me email with ask that don't really understand because i don't know what intentions are in their question. Copy of that email:

"

Dear Mr Smykowski

In ref to your car as you know from conversations yesterday we are setting up new computers here.

In order to set you on our new system could you possible sent me your address post code and house number along with street name.

Regards,

Chris Warburton.

Service Manager.

Stoneacre Suzuki."

For me this question sounds suspiciously, because I left them invoices from audi dealer which did for me oil consumption test and there is my full adress.

What you think what their question means. Should I email them my adress?