13262538

Approx 2 months ago I had a 3 week relationship with a woman

Approx 2 months ago I had a 3 week relationship with a woman and since have had no contact until she text me to say she was pregnant. We met to discuss this situation, I explained I was not ready or able to take on this responsibility, I asked her to consider all options available. She told me she was having this baby. Could you please advise me of my legal rights as I am not convinced I am the father.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your rights and responsibilities do not begin until the baby is born
At that point the mother can apply for Child Maintenance - and you can request a DNA test before paying - with the rate being set at 12% of your Gross income at most.
If you then wish to have contact with the child then you can try and negotiate this with the mother using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
or applying to the court if necessary
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She is a business woman and wealthy in her own right, earning much more than me. Can she still insist in child maintenance.

Yes I am afraid so