12826847

my son failed the DVLA eye test and was stopped driving he

my son failed the DVLA eye test and was stopped driving he appealed and over a period of 18 months and seeing several optitions including two consultants,one of his doing and one of theDVLA's doing who have both said the cause was from birth and that he had been driving for 30 years plus without incident he had learned to compensate naturaly but still they have refused,he understands he can appeal again through the Magistrates Court but would need help.
Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Jo C. :

How can I help please?

Jo C. :

Can y ou respond?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I have converted this to Q and A for you as there seems to be a difficulty responding above.
Can you respond OK now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i can't get my answers to you by the first method

No, chat does sometimes have bugs.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please

Sorry?
Is there something specifically that you wanted to know about this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in your opinion is a second appeal likely to succeed with profesional help through the magistrates court and are you able to help

Whether it will succeed or not essentially comes down to the medical evidence that is before the court. It's not really a question of law.
Come what may, the DVLA says that his eye sight is insufficient to be safe. If he wants to overturn that then he will have to gather reliable medical evidence to the contrary. If he is able to do that and the court except that evidence then he will succeed. Nobody can really predict the outcome but since it is is only option he may as well try.
Obviously you will not get legal aid for this but actually, if he used a barrister under public access, it would not be that expensive to secure representation. I would expect around £500 plus that for a junior tenant to do the entire hearing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your advice £500 plus would be a small price to restor his livelyhood would I find such a person through a local solicitor or are you able to make a recomendation in the Portsmouth/ Chichester areas

I don't practice in that area but if you talk to the clerks here http://www.onepaper.co.uk/ they are a circuit set and will probably have somebody who could help.