75100385

There has been some press coverage on miss selling annuities.

Customer Question

There has been some press coverage on miss selling annuities. My husband was sold an annuity in 1994. I now realise this will cease on his death and wondered how I would find out if I have any redress and where I would start.
Maureen Staite
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know on what basis he was missold
JACUSTOMER-9p3n1y5c- :

That it was not made obvious to us, lay people that this was only on one life.

JACUSTOMER-9p3n1y5c- :

I am still waiting a reply.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : You need to first write and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the matter and come back to you.
Alex Watts : If they do not uphold the complaint then can you complain to the ombudsman,
Alex Watts : They offer free independent service and can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/