LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

On Boxing day, in a pub, i was punched from the side in an

Customer Question

On Boxing day, in a pub, i was punched from the side in an unprovoked attacked. The pub may have it on CCTV and i have already contacted the police. The attack left me with only a bust lip and a sore jaw that makes eating particularly difficult. I was wondering if there is anything else i can do such as a civil claim. Thank you
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello. I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Have the police arrested the attacker?

JACUSTOMER-h3kyy5fp- :

i belive they have, yes.

Customer:

The reason I ask is that the easiest way to get compensation is to get ti awarded by the court at the sentencing hearing if there is a conviction.

JACUSTOMER-h3kyy5fp- :

i see, so i can be awarded damages there and then?

Customer:

Yes, but you should make sure that you do A victim impact statement so the court can be clear what they are ordering compensation for. You shod know who the investigating officer is and have a contact umber. Have you got that information?