29905560

I am currently representing myself at the bankrupt's court,

Customer Question

I am currently representing myself at the bankrupt's court, it my application to set aside a statutory demand. At the first hearing the judge made an order that I should file and serve the paper that i had at the hearing by 28/01/2015. I would like to have a format that I need to use and what and how I should list the documents and should i attach a statement why I am relaying on these documents. Judge also stated to the other party that they had issued the statutory demand without an invoice being issued. I am looking for am template
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : What is the basis for set aside?
JACUSTOMER-6cfsq5zy- :

It was fees for a firms of solicitors we had been told that est of the fee would be £150k which I had paid and had never been sent any balance of how that had been used. we had been sending monies over two year and had lost track on how much we had sent and also I had not signed any client care letter. six month ago I was served with Statutory for £80k upon receipt I made an application to set aside and argued that I had never had a break down of the money paid and that they had agreed the payment with my co-defendant. They served me with a printout of the client account, upon looking at it I found that i had paid them over 200k and also that they used funds from my account towards my co-defendants fee without my knowledge. which was our 20k. I had never had a demand for any extra fees or an invoice. I raised this points with the Judge and about the over payment. He adjourned the hearing told me to file and serve the paper and the other side to respond to them.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : You need a witness statement.
Alex Watts : So it needs to have the heading, in the xxxx county court, claim number,
Alex Watts : It also needs to have the parties names.
Alex Watts : You then set out what you need to say in short numbered paragraphs
Alex Watts : When you refer to a document you refer to it as an exhibit and number them 1,2,3 etc
Alex Watts : You also must end the statement that you believe that the contents are true and sign it.
Alex Watts : Let me see If I can find a template.
Alex Watts : http://www.nofamilylawyer.co.uk/useful-documents.html
Alex Watts : http://www.johnantell.co.uk/information-about-civil-litigation-in-England-and-Wales/how-to-write-a-witness-statement
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-6cfsq5zy- :

can I come to you tomorrow.

Alex Watts : Sure.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.