75100385

On October 23rd 2014 Easyjet cancelled our return flight from

On October 23rd 2014 Easyjet cancelled our return flight from Naples to Stansted which was due to leave on the 24th October. They were unable to offer an alternative flight until the 27th. As we had to be back inthe UK we could not wait until the 27th and also did not wish to incur another 3 nights accommodation costs. Instead we managed to buy tickets on a BA flight leaving Naples at 19.25 on the 23rd. The BA flight landed at Gatwick.
On the 28th October we contacted Easyjet (via email) with a claim for our costs, which included the BA flight tickets, and the transfers via rail from Gatwick to Stansted, where we had left our cars. All the relevant copies of tickets etc were forwarded to Easyjet.
Despite several emails enquiring about the progress of our claim we have yet to receive any compensation or in fact any information at all as to progress.
Please could you advise as to our next move.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you had travel insurance?
Alex Watts : If you did have travel i
Alex Watts : inaurance did you contact them before purchasing the new tickets with BA?
Alex Watts : if not, why not please?
Customer: Hello Alex,
Customer: Yes I do have travel insurance and no I did not contact them prior to purchasing the BA tickets.
Customer: I did not mention that Easyjet have also not refunded the cost of the cancelled return flight.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

1. Thank you Alex, your advice is very helpful. Easyjet are already in possession of my claim but I will prepare another copy and and forward to Easyjet, recorded delivery. Should I need further help, please may I contact you again.