UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My wife applied for FLR(o) visa and has done 1st appeal. But

My wife applied for FLR(o) visa and has done 1st appeal. But now I have got my student visa for level7. Now I want to withdraw her appeal and apply as my dependent? How it can be done?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
What you need to do to withdraw the appeal is write to the tribunal confirming that you now wished to make a fresh application and would like to withdraw the appeal. The tribunal will then write back to you confirming that your wife's appeal has been withdrawn.
You then use that letter and submit a tier 4 dependent visa application and enclose the letter of withdrawal from the tribunal when you submit the application.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But when I called UKV&I, they said if you withdraw the application, you become an overstayer. Then the fresh application cannot be valid. Can you help with figure of days. If we write to tribunal, how many days can we have to apply fresh application.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes that is correct , the fact is that she will be an overstyer, but she will have a 28 day period where you can submit the application and the home office can consider the application.
So you will have 28 days from the date you withdraw the appeal to submit the application from inside the UK. The ideal situation for her would be to withdraw the appeal , return to her home country and then submit an application as your dependent and return to the UK.
I hope this answers your question.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what to write to the tribunal. Do I have to fill the withdraw form from home office?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No you do not need to fill in any form all you need to do is state the appeal reference number, your full name and send it to the tribunal where the Hearing is taking place. This is all you would need to do.
I hope this answers your question.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.