12826847

my daughter moved into a jesus army community house last july

Customer Question

my daughter moved into a jesus army community house last july me and my wife had a verbal agreement she could move in at a month before she was 18 but could not take covenant until she was 18, and be on a training year so you only pay your board at a set price of £95 a week, she took a church job, but by july this year she looked very ill so we took her away on holiday got her in the docters and a counciler, she was signed off on the sick with an eating disorder, and weighed 6 stone 12 pounds, she has been at home with us every since here sick pay finishes in jan so the ja company has given her a months notice due to acute illness, so i ask for my daughters money she had earnt 12k pounds they said she is only getting approx £3200 i said that not right they say she sign a form to give her money to there common purse which i had not agreed with, got this form of them today it says her name the house she is living in and i am a style 3 covenant member and wish to be recorded as an associate member of the trust i was born on 23/08/95 with effect from 25/07/13 the day she moved in, then says i will pay in to the common purse of my community house family, then it say further down at the end of my period of associate membership i understand this is normally between 12 and 24 months or upon attaining 21 if that is later i will make capital contributionof all my net assets then signed by my daughter and the house address dated 7/8/13 then signed by 2 elder members of the church,,, then on the next sheet lists all different assets and monies, my daughter had only just finished collage and on the 30/7/13 they took £70 of her which was birthday or christmas money she had saved, and all this me and my wife knew nothing about any of it, so first thing my daughter was not a covenant member as stated on the form,, she was only 17 so needed her parents consent, which we knew nothing of this form so the first bit is wrong what we agreed on as a training year was wrong, and taking £70 off her in the first week then taking approx £9000 out of her wages
How can I help with this please?