75100385

Hello I am owed 5000 cash from the sale of a house. The buyer

Customer Question

Hello I am owed 5000 cash from the sale of a house. The buyer agreed to pay 10,000 cash and the rest was covered by a mortgage. The buyer has paid 5000 and is refusing to pay the balance. What is the best way to retrieve this money owed? Thank you
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy
Alex Watts : If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-f8th1rx5- : Thank you for your response. Just to be clear, I shall write a letter to the buyer stating the money owed and ask for settlement withing 14 days or I shall pursue him in court? Kind regards
Alex Watts : Correct.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
JACUSTOMER-f8th1rx5- : Yes and Thank you.
Alex Watts : Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/