UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am an EEA spouse and due to apply for my Permanent Residence

I am an EEA spouse and due to apply for my Permanent Residence after 5 years residence card by 15th January 2015. But I just noticed that my Passport is due to expire on the 15th of January 2015 and I cannot get a new Passport before the expiry date of my 5 years residence card. Besides, I have only just put in for my divorce which will take up to 6 weeks or more.
What should I do please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
There is nothing preventing you from applying for permanent residency using an expired passport. The home office will just issue you with a residency certificate which will have your permanent residency attached to it rather than your passport.
You may apply with your current expired passport.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.